The Kanban system todays follows a modified structure of procedure to make it effective. It takes the following phases -
- Each container must have a card,
- The assembly line or production unit always withdraws from the fabrication cell,
- Containers of parts or materials must never be removed from a storage area without an authorized withdrawal card,
- The container should always contain the same number of good parts or materials,
- Only non-defective parts should be passed to the assembly line to make the best use of materials and workers time.
- Total production should not exceed total amount authorized on the production order cards in the system.